BE PART OF OUR TOP SECRET TEAM
Clue HQ is one of the biggest escape game brands within the UK. This role is located at our Clue HQ Birmingham location, our biggest site. Clue HQ is expanding rapidly, and the new Venue Operations Manager would play a key part in the expansion, which would include being hands-on with new game designs as well as managing the day to day operations of the site.
We strive to be the best in the business and are constantly looking at ways in which to improve our operations and heighten guest satisfaction levels, from analysing our welcoming speeches to adding new and exciting puzzles to already existing games.
The role will be responsible for looking after up to 20-30 team members at any one time, with the assistance of a supervisor. The Venue Manager’s position is to ensure the site continues to evolve and that our high standards are continually met. These KPIs also form part of regular and varied incentive schemes.
Clue HQ is a micro-management-free-zone! It would be expected for the manager of the site to distribute their time efficiently between the day to day operation and paperwork, to the maintenance of the games, to the exciting new and top secret projects.
Liaising with outside organisations to the not-so-thrilling council to the interesting graffiti artists – the position never has 2 days the same.
It is a high-pressure position, with guests arriving every couple of hours. However we try to have a relaxed atmosphere and create a great working environment for the team.
Our busiest times are in the evenings and weekends. It would be expected for the Venue Operations Manager to be on site during these periods.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Clue HQ are on the hunt for a stand out individual up for the daily challenging of managing of our busiest locations. The right candidate should be confident and well presented in front of our fantastic guests. Previous experience in leading a team is an advantage. No previous escape game knowledge is required, but would be a bonus. Although not a ‘performance’ role, candidates should be more than happy talking and presenting to groups of up to 30 people.
WORKING HOURS & RATE OF PAY
Contracted Hours: Full Time (40 hrs)
Salary: £20,000 to £27,000 based on experience
Typical Working Hours: Weekdays, weekends until 11.30pm
• Managing recruitment to ensure full availability at all times
• Driving the team to induce social media interaction
• Day to day managing of the site, including maintenance of the games• Running games on occasions when required
• Answering emails, phone calls, social media enquiries, and managing bookings
• Investigating new possible sales leads and ways in which we could advance or grow the location
• Working to budgets, and completing payroll when necessary
• Ensuring the site complies to all health and safety objectives including fire safety checks and building regulations
• Create and maintain a fantastic working environment for our team
• Complete staff rotas and ensure it is communicated effectively
• Co-ordinate with staff and other site management teams via the team online messenger
• Ensure the high standards of site cleanliness are upheld at all times
• Actively communicate with potential corporate market clients
• Complete daily site and safety checks
• Induct new team members and ensure training documentation is fully completed
• Carry out training with new team members to the standard setup in training manuals
• Schedule and complete staff appraisals
• Liaise with outside organisations such as sign companies, councils, utilities, when necessary
• Communicate daily with the Managing Director
• Managing budgets
• Sales driven and abilities of analysing methods to hit targets
• Being able to adapt to a flexible working week
• Fantastic guest service and understanding of a great experience
• Time and resource management
• Attention to detail
• Handyman skills to assist when maintaining games
• Ability to work with IT (limited knowledge acceptable)
• The ability to problem solve in high pressure situations
• Working with other business and organisations
• Project management experience
• Great interpersonal skills with good ability to communicate effectively
• 1 years management experience
• 1 years experience working within the leisure industry directly with the general public
• Full UK Driving License
POSITION REPORTS TO
What is a Games Host?
A games host looks after our guests from the moment they arrive on site to when they’ve completed their game. You’ll observe their game through CCTV and help them throughout with hints and additional clues.
Would I make a good Games Host?
We’re looking for someone who can help bring the story of each of our games to life. You’ll need to be confident and comfortable speaking and presenting to small groups of people. Although this is not a ‘performance’ role, explaining the rules, story and what to do, will have theatrical elements to them. The candidate will need to work on their own initiative well and be available at relatively short notice. A good understanding of technology in particular computer use is crucial. Due to the late finishing times, having your own transport will be a bonus. Candidates should be comfortable talking/presenting to groups of up to 30 people.
Take a look at the Games Host Job Description for more details.